Saturday, October 31, 2009


AUTUMN
My window frames the leaves
Orange, red and gold
Swirling from the trees
They embrace death with beauty
- 2009
It has been so long since I blogged I can't believe it. We had a wonderful trip East visiting family and sights along the way. The fall colors were beautiful, in fact seemed much brighter and more varied than I ever remembered. I have never been a fan of fall color but age must be changing me because I have thoroughly enjoyed the subtle changes day by day.
The photo is from my balcony, the very spot that inspired the title of my blog. I spend as much time as possible observing and absorbing this view, it is a constant reminder of the fragility and complexities of our planet and the need to protect and nourish everything in our daily life.
Thursday I celebrated my 69th birthday, and am now officially beginning the Blog for my seventieth year. It seems important to me that I take stock of my life as I prepare to enter the next decade. I am choosing the discipline of reflection and contemplation during this year in hopes that I will live into the wisdom of my years. Too quickly they pass without mining all that is there of truth and blessing.
Fall can be a melancholy time, in fact it has never been my favorite season, but this year it has been rich and fruitful. Change is all around and I am trying to embrace it.

No comments:

Post a Comment