Sunday, February 7, 2010

Caught

It's been awhile since I found time to blog. My resolve to record some of my thoughts on my journey to 70 (October 2010) gets railroaded quite often. I have been doing some daily journal writing, weather, diet, "busy notes" but nothing substantial.


Memoir has been on my mind and I have been reading Natalie Goldberg, Peter Gilmour and William Zinsser, they have been helpful in providing focus. I am becoming clearer about what is needed to begin to answer the questions my son posed for me. I don't think I realized however, that I would be delving so deeply into relationship. I think I viewed the task more as recording stories from the past and vignettes of relatives. I now see that answering the question "Why did you leave home?" demands revelation of me and my relationship with my mother - do I want to go there? Caught! Caught in a story that spans my life and one I have not been willing to explore. Is this the year? Certainly it is no easy assignment.

Time to change the subject; January was a beautiful month, if harsh. The Wolf Moon and three days of amazing hoar-frost clothed the landscape exquisitely. I penned a couple more Haikus, and am really interested in finding time to learn more about this form.


Time seems to be the issue at the core of my life…I must make it my friend!

Wolf Moon
Wolf moon setting
In morning’s wakening sky
Makes way for sunlight

Hoar-Frost
Bent barren branches
radiant with hoar frost thorns
beneath leaden skies

No comments:

Post a Comment