Monday, January 25, 2010

Procrastination

Today I finally took needle and thread and sewed on two buttons that have begged to be returned to their rightful spot for almost a year.  They mocked me as they revealed once again that "procrastination" is a flaw in my tightly knit life that I am not only accustomed to, but with which I seem to be very comfortable. In a strange way I thrive on this trait energized by deadlines and near misses.  On the other hand I love to pursue silence and seek to live in the "moment". Mystery......

I have been invited by my son to take a closer look at my life's journey, explore the mystery, separate the threads, and share my story. It will take time, but as an introduction I bumped up against an image that has been with me for about fifty years. I do not remember the circumstances under which I was first introduced to the "white stone" of Revelation, but it immediately captured my imagination and continues to do so.  Mystery.........  


Inspired by - Revelation 2:17

On the white stone is written a new name that no one knows except the one who receives it.

White stone secret
White stone rests in hand
Smooth, tumbled, lined, water’s gift
A secret revealed


Journey stone
A promise hidden
Journey stone humbly received
White, smooth, gently held

No comments:

Post a Comment