Monday, October 4, 2010

Blogging Time

I am standing at the kitchen counter waiting for the oven to preheat. You might ask why, or maybe you don't care! I am doing it because every day I say "today I will Blog" bedtime comes and I haven't Blogged. It isn't that I don't have a lot to say, because I have done quite a bit of reflecting in the last month.  I have had some great oppotunities to share with different people in different settings, but I haven't yet put it in writing. Potatoes are in the oven! I am aiming at a concerted effort to Blog regularly.

For most of my life I have dreaded the fall. I used to live in New Hampshire where thousands of people would come to see the fall foliage "leaf peepers" we called them. It always fascinated me and cynically I would say, "they spend hundreds of dollars and hours in driving time  to look at a bunch of dead leaves. At home when the leaves on their plants turn yellow they throw them out". I truly found very little fascination in fall foliage, for me it heralded the grey wet days of October and the impending snows of November before the real winter settled in. So what has changed? In the last two weeks I have been to Our Sacred Space on two occasions, once to lead a retreat and the second time to take our Residents for a Day Away, both times I enjoyed the beauty of the changing leaves, the first sight of my breath in the cold morning air, and the crackling of logs in the big stone fireplace. It seems that as I become more content with myself and accept that change is an integral part of every moment of everyday that I not only accept but enjoy the subtle changes both in the elements and in myself.

I'd like to continue this Blog but my husband just came home from a trip, and it is time to get the rest of dinner under way... unfinished business awaits!






No comments:

Post a Comment