Sunday, September 20, 2009

Beginning the Journey

I have thought about writing a blog for quite a little time, but frankly the whole idea scared me to death! After seeing "Julie and Julia" my husband encouraged me go ahead and give it a try - since he barely reads his email I thought this an interesting place from which to receive a "push". Then my friend Laura said "it is easy, you'll love it," so here I am.

The photo posted, taken from my balcony, is a good image for where I am in life right now. I am soon beginning the journey of my seventieth year. As I watched this leaf twist and twirl, caught in the thread of a spider's web, I reflected on the intricacies of life in balance. The spider spinning it's web to obtain the food necessary to nourish and sustain life, the leaf returning to the soil where it will nourish and replenish the earth.

I have just finished reading for the fourth time May Sarton's book "A House by the Sea", initially I began the journal to set the mood for my upcoming trip to Maine and Vermont to see my children and grandchildren, but as I read, it led me deeper into myself.

1 comment:

  1. Welcome! I look forward to reading more and sharing the journey with you!

    ReplyDelete