Thursday, September 24, 2009

Travel Panic


I have just about made through today without panic. Most of the stuff is now packed and just the final details to attend to. Water plants and leave them in a convenient spot for the friend who is going to water them. Finish up a couple of things for work, and get ready to do the morning service at SV. After the morning service we will finish packing the car and start out for our trip East. We are going to take it at a gentle pace, stopping along the way to see and do whatever we want.

On this vacation I hope to have time to explore some things that are bouncing in my head. When we get East we will visit our children and grandchildren and catch up in many ways. I can't wait to see them, they have changed a lot since our last visit four years ago. Along with the visit to family I have to admit I hope desperately to get my ocean fix. It is the hardest thing to live in the midwest and have very little "water". Yes there are rivers and small lakes but nothing that comes close to the power of the ocean, not even a waterfall!


Well I guess I have put off getting supper and adding the finishing touches to packing long enough. The next post will be on the road.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing your need for an ocean fix...I, too, now living in the upper midwest long for the power that only the ocean can give....
    Thanks for allowing me to journey with you!

    ReplyDelete